Fast forward ten years. Morgan still loves a good pair of "Oh My Goshes," only now they fit her and she buys them with her own money. Some people might think these shoes are a bit mature for a twelve-year-old. In the spirit of "picking my battles," I'm glad this is the only truly mature piece of clothing being pushed for. Besides, I think it is really cute how some things never change. Go ahead and say it, "Oh my gosh!"
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Oh My Goshes
When Morgan was a little girl (think two or three-years-old), she used to love to dress up. Her favorite accessory to any princess-type get-up was a pair of my high heels, or "OH MY GOSHES" as they were called. She named them this because every time she wore them, people would say, "Oh my gosh!" (Usually when she wore them to church on Sunday!) You see, I had to pick my battles back then. Wait...I still do. Anyways, she always wanted to dress up like "Cinderbrella" or the likes for church. After a full round of negotiations, we usually left the house in an appropriate church dress and a pair of "Oh My Goshes." (This, of course, after she inspected me to make sure I had on my "lipstick and anyways (hairspray.)"
Fast forward ten years. Morgan still loves a good pair of "Oh My Goshes," only now they fit her and she buys them with her own money. Some people might think these shoes are a bit mature for a twelve-year-old. In the spirit of "picking my battles," I'm glad this is the only truly mature piece of clothing being pushed for. Besides, I think it is really cute how some things never change. Go ahead and say it, "Oh my gosh!"

Fast forward ten years. Morgan still loves a good pair of "Oh My Goshes," only now they fit her and she buys them with her own money. Some people might think these shoes are a bit mature for a twelve-year-old. In the spirit of "picking my battles," I'm glad this is the only truly mature piece of clothing being pushed for. Besides, I think it is really cute how some things never change. Go ahead and say it, "Oh my gosh!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh My Gosh!!! LOL! Those are very cute shoes! Perfect with her outfit, I see why she had to have them!
What cute (grown-up!) girls! When Ash is a billionaire... will she take us shopping with her? :)
OH MY GOSH! That is the best story ever. She looks cute in her shoes! I am a little scared to know that they never grow out of it.... I'm screwed.
Post a Comment