Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fortunately and Unfortunately

So I've been a little lazy with this lately! It's always crazy-busy around here, so I shall attempt to sum up the week without boring the heck out of you!

Last Saturday we had a great family get-together with my mom's family. My dear grandpa and his beautiful wife were in town, so my mom's brother and one of her sisters came with all of their kids and grandkids. All of my sisters and families were there, too. It was great to see everyone. (Stephanie kept getting mad at me because I kept saying how great she looked, so now I will annoy her by telling the internet how great she looked!) Fortunately, I remembered my funeral potatoes for the event. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera!


Last Sunday it was my sweet Ashley's 10th birthday. Earlier in the month we took her and Morgan to the JONAS BROTHERS concert in lieu of a party. We celebrated some on Saturday with my mom's family, and had fun opening presents on Sunday. Thanks everyone for your generous gifts! It has been such a joy to have Ashley in our lives! She is so SNOOKYLICIOUS! Nobody does life quite like Ashley! Fortunately, my mom gave her this HUMONGOUS FROG for her birthday. Unfortunately, it shed all over my house!



Last Wednesday Morgan and Ashley auditioned for the play, Annie Jr. They have joined a new children's theater and this will be the first production. Both of them had to perform a short dance in a group of six kids and sing a solo. Morgan did a small snippet of The Legend of Ms. Baltimore Crabs from Hairspray. (She's hoping for Ms. Hannigan's role.) Ashley did a spunky song called Just the Way I Am by Skye Sweetnam. (No Dad, she is not Hannah Montana.) Ashley is hoping to be the orphan, Pepper. Next week they will read lines, and hopefully find out soon after which parts they will play. Fortunately, I got to watch my kids audition. Unfortunately, I got to watch all 30 kids audition!! (It was a long night!)



On Friday, I spent my lunchbreak with a young man who needed my attention. He worked veryhard to earn 250 behavior points so that he could eat with me. It was nice to have time to give him the attention he needed, but I was so looking forward to 1:25 for my prep so I could GO TO THE BATHROOM and HAVE A BREAK FROM KIDS! (Not to mention get a jump on next week.) Fortunately, 1:25 came around quickly! Unfortunately, we went on LOCK DOWN at 12:45 and did not get loosed until 2:00! (Thanks to a middle schooler running around with a gun outside.) Fortunately, no one peed their pants...especially me!


After school on Friday, my family went crazy. Here is the proof:




Fortunately, they had a great time! (Doing whatever it is they were doing?!?)

Unfortunately, I was not amused after my long day!

It is now Saturday again. We just returned from the movies. Dave took the girls and their cousin, Brett, to see The Spiderwick Chronicles. My mom and I saw Step Up 2: The Streets. Not a very deep movie, but I enjoyed every second of it! Fortunately, we snuck our own candy in. Unfortanately, we still need a second mortgage to pay for the popcorn and drinks!

I didn't do a very good job of keeping this short. Oops! Fortunately, this post is over! Unfortunately, I just thought of more things to say. Stay Tuned!!!

4 comments:

J said...

How do you always the best stories?! I am jealous that you got to see a movie in the theater! :)

Cammie said...

Wow! What a jam packed week! I really love the part about the young man who saved his points to eat lunch with you. Seriously? Do middle school kids run around with guns? Man!

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to check in and find an update! I can't believe you had to go on lock down. That had to have been a bit scary! I love reading your blog, so keep it coming! I hope you have a great week.

Freer Family said...

LOVE this post, lol! Bummed you saw the movie without me.