Time for some quick math. I started my family at 20 (start calculating), and have always considered myself a young mom. Even now with a 12 3/4 year old, I still feel young. Last night, I had the funniest conversation at Golden Spoon with Ashley. We were discussing why she can't seem to open the front door with her key:
Me: Ashley, you just have to use a little brute force.
Ashley: What do you mean?
Me: You know, you need to pretend you are She-ra and really turn the thing.
Ashley: Who???
I started laughing when I spotted the lady at the table next to me laughing. I turn to this stranger and say, "Wow, we've never had this moment before. You know, the moment when your cultural references officially make you old???" She was laughing so hard and dabbing her eyes and said she remembered when that happened with her kids. (She was significantly older than me.)
Does anybody else remember watching and playing He-man and She-ra? Well if you do, I hate to break it to you, but you're old too!

4 comments:
By the power of Grayskull...
But, you're older than me since your kids are older than mine, lol.
I remember.......Does that mean I'm old too? Something got to be wrong with that...I turn on the "Oldies" station and they are playing songs from my high school years......I fee like crying a little. ARGH!
And remember when the teenagers at the Redrock Hotel called "The Cranberries" elevator music??!! Haha I guess we are getting old. ---Michelle
Oh crap! He-Man and the master's of the universe....
Post a Comment