Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Biggest Loser (Mom that is)

I've been looking at all of the awesome back to school postings on friend's and family's blogs. All the good moms have these great posts about their kids' first days. This is all I have to show for myself. (Sorry, Morgan!)


Morgan looked absolutely adorable. She was perfectly accessorized from head-to-polished-toe, but you'll never know, because I was too dang lazy to GET OUT OF BED to take her picture. I thought teaching online would be a snap. I enjoyed my lazy Sunday until a co-worker called to see if I got my mile long task list done yet. My answer, "What task list???" Needless to say, I worked from 2:00 afternoon on Sunday until 2:00 a.m. on Monday. I promise she looked so cute, but laying down photography just can't capture it. The only reason Ashley has a semi-decent picture is because Dave grabbed my camera on his way to drive her to school. On the positive side, online teaching does have it's perks. I finally peeled my eyes apart at 7:55 so I could log on and report to work by 8:00! You win some, you lose some! Oh well...they both had great days and I was very proud of them!

4 comments:

Cammie said...

They both look so cute. A mom's gotta' do what a mom's gotta' do!!

Dr. Kathy said...

Hey, girlfriend - teaching is HARD work no matter how you do it! I love that so many people think it must be a breeze to teach school and they know they could do it because they once went to school. That's like me driving a Malibu and telling the engineers at Chevy how to build one! Your girls look terriff and they will always remember their strong and incredible mom.

Freer Family said...

I'm sure they looked perfect, do they ever not? I don't know about you but I'm sooooo ready for week 1 to be over! Ugh, this Mom is pooped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave and Gretchen said...

Thanks guys, I seriously feel nuts this week! (As I've heard some of you do, too.) Aunt Kathy, you have such a way with words. I need to hire you to speak for me!