Friday, August 8, 2008

Goodbye First Grade

In the happy colorful classroom there were desks, whiteboards, and a nice teacher.
Goodbye desks. I will miss working on you.
Goodbye whiteboards. I will miss learning everything on you.
Goodbye sweet teacher. I will miss you the most.
Goodbye first grade.



This is a story written by one of my students. (An innovation of Goodnight Moon.) Today was my last day of first grade. It felt sort of strange to pack up my classroom and actually leave. I really enjoyed my time as a first grade teacher. I want to thank my awesome moving crew for helping me get out. Thanks Mom, Dad, Brett, Dave, and especially Nicole for sweating it out with me in school with no air for two days! Thank you MorganAshley for watching ColeCarson so Aunt Nikki could help me.


Goodbye first grade, hello strange new adventure!


3 comments:

Freer Family said...

You're welcome.

What a cute (sad) litte story written by your student. Those kiddos were lucky to have had you as their teacher.

Good luck on your new adventure!@

Dr. Kathy said...

That little boy has the makings of the great American novelist. Of course, he also had a teacher who brought out the best in him. Can I go back to school and have you for my teacher?

Cammie said...

You will be a great online teacher too!