Sunday, June 8, 2008

SWIMMING!!! (Or drowning perhaps!)


I feel like I am trying to swim to the surface from the bottom of the ocean right now, with a limited supply of air?!? (Hence my lack of posting!) I was home sick for three days last week and am sooooooo behind at work. (I was already a bit behind from the funeral.) This week, on top of the "regular" duties of a teacher, I must also: complete interim assessments, mark them, bubble in 18 scantrons, and turn in by Thursday; finish grades, put them into the computer and send out unsatisfactory notices by...OOPS! Missed the deadline!; fill out pinks and blues for all students and turn into administration by Friday; and help students make some really inspiring Father's Day project!!! Thank you for letting me get that off my chest! (I also do not have to write this list elsewhere now.)


I promise I have much to post about and will get to it soon. (Can you say TWO WEEKS until track break???)


Here's a preview of what's to come:


1. Spam-a-lot: Happy Birthday, Dave!

2. Honor Roll: Good job, Ashley!

3. ANNIE JR: It's tomorrow! Tommorrow! I love ya, tomorrow! Break a leg, girls!

4. Dance recital: Go Morgan! Shawty get loose! :) I apologize if you don't speak "hip-hop!" That's the name of the song she is breakin' it down to. (shawty=shorty=girl--I think! I also do not speak 'hip-hop' on the regular.) She'll also be doing an amazing little dance to the Tootsee Roll.


So check back for updates!

3 comments:

Cammie said...

I can't wait! Shawty!

Anonymous said...

A little boost in the vocab:

http://www.urbandictionary.com

Especially when you are working in an inner city type school.

Dr. Kathy said...

I wondered why D&G didn't post on the blog this weekend. Then I talked to Mamma Dar and found out that Gretch is really sick with the flu! Take care of yourself. You are precious!