The day of the performance was C-R-A-Z-Y! The girls had to be at the theater in full costume and make-up by 4:00. (Fun for me as I didn't leave work until 3:20!) They rehearsed straight through until 6:30, running the play in its entirety. At 6:30 they had a cast meeting for last minute director notes, a bite of dinner, and a cast prayer. The dancers and singers from the studio put on a little pre-show. Around 7:00 the air conditioner died and the sweating began. About 7:30, with a packed house, it was FINALLY showtime! I don't think anyone expected such a great production from a kid's theater group. It was fun to listen to the little comments from the audience!
During the final scene of the stage play, the orphans go to visit Annie at the Warbucks mansion on Christmas morning. Annie tells the kids, "Look kids! There's presents for everyone!" During the rehearsals, the gifts were always wrapped prop boxes. The directors secretly called all of the parents and asked us to bring a real wrapped Christmas gift for each of our children as a reminder of the play. Dave and I had bracelets made for the girls with little heart charms. On one side of the heart, it said their real name. On the other, it said their character's name and the date of the play. The orphans got to open their presents on stage as part of the scene. Ashley loved her bracelet. Morgan opened hers after the play and she loved it!
After the show, the girls were greeted by their fans and presented with beautiful flowers from Daddy. Thanks to Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Nikki, Aunt Misha, Brett, Jennifer, Paige, Cole, Matt, Aaron, Corrinne, and especially Grandma Chris for coming to support us! We hope to have our DVD by next week when we go to Utah so we can share it with Dave's family. We know how much Umma and Poppy wanted to come, but we are so excited that we get the chance to relive it with them and Dave's siblings and our cousins.
A few days after the play, we were eating dinner at Red Robin with Coley on his birthday. This lady kept staring at us throughout dinner. Finally, she approached the table and asked me if my kids were in Annie. I told her yes. She said that she had attended the play and recognized them. She proceeded to compliment them over and over. Wow! The girls felt like total celebrities!!
Of course, my camera died right before the performance, so I asked my family to bring one. Oops! They forgot. These photos were all taken with a cardboard disposable, so excuse the quality.
Ms. Hannigan informing Annie that she really is an orphan!
"Why do I hear singing?"
"Santa Clause? What's that?? Who's he?"
It's the hard-knock life for us!
You're never fully dressed without a smile! :)








4 comments:
Welcome back, Gretch. I've missed Brown Town News!
They really were soooo good!
Despite the stifling heat it was a fantastic performance!
Of course Annie is a bad influence on Cole and he tried to mop my floor orphan style...
I heard through the Buntin family chain that it was a terrific play, way to go girls!! I love the costumes, it reminds me when Brooke was in Annie!! What fond memories! Glad to be stalking your family again, I missed the laughter!!
It looks like an amazing performance. You girls are probably ready for the Broadway stage by now! Nicole told me that Cole tried throw down some Annie moves of his own on the floor.
Post a Comment