Friday, May 30, 2008

It's My Turn!


Thanks to Cammie I've been singing MY TURN ON EARTH for the past week! She's been anxiously awaiting the release of the digitally remastered DVD for days. As loyal readers of her blog, Nicole and I immediately packed our suitcases and headed for Memory Lane! We've been calling each other to share special messages like:


If you step on a cat and smash it flat, just turn it around, and what have you found?
If the cat were you and you were the cat, would you like that, to be smashed flat???
Flat as a mat?
By a great big cat?
THE GOLDEN RULE SAYS NO!


Oh, everybody ought to have a body,
A body is the only way to go!


Shout! Shout! We'll shout for joy!

I need to check with my mom to find out exactly how many times we listened to this RECORD when we were little disco babies! I was bored last night--and looking for any excuse to avoid grading papers--so I moseyed on over to itunes. GUESS WHAT THEY HAVE??? You guessed it! For $9.99, I am the proud owner of all 19 tracks! (A steal if you ask me. The CD is listed elsewhere for $16.98. Whatevvver! Plus, Nic's going to chip in five bucks if I'll burn her a CD! SHHH!) So now we are both shouting for joy! (Look what you started, Cammie.)
By the way, Nic and I screamed along to some of the songs last night and my kids wanted to know what kind of sin they had committed that sentenced them to such cruel and unusual punishment. All I know is I can't wait for Sunday. We'll be listening all day! (And I refuse to raise children that can not sing along!) Also I don't think my husband is anywhere near as excited as I am!?!) I wonder if they have Saturday's Warriors...

6 comments:

Cammie said...

I am so proud right now! I'm just so excited that there are people in the world that love this stuff as much as I do. Can't wait for your girls to join in the sing-a-long!

Ramona said...

Oh my goodness, I'm laughing my butt off! I don't remember "My Turn on Earth" as much as I do "Saturday's Warriors"! Oh, I just loved Elder Kessler!

Freer Family said...

Ahhh, the memories. Seriously these songs have been ringing thru' my head like a broken record for days now. And I just remembered "Starchild". Remember that one???

J said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I'm going to have that cat song stuck in my head now! SO hilarious! Why did we never do those for a lip sync? Maybe for our next family talent show! LOL

Freer Family said...

Ok, so Steph even called me today singing these tunes, lol.
Shout out to Snuff doggy dogg!!!

S and R Fam said...

I don't actually remember my turn on earth but I love saturdays warrior. I remember watching it for the first time on my mission in Japan and laughing my head off. I will have to look for "My Turn On Earth" and check it out.