Thursday, May 8, 2008

Families are Forever


April 29, 1922-May 8, 2008


I am truly grateful for the 33 years I had with my grandpa. I am so proud of him! I have never known anyone who could cram so much life into a mere 86 years. It's hard to imagine life without him. He always made every occassion or ordinary day special. I feel double-blessed that he became Grandpa to my husband and my children. They love him so much! I am so thankful that families are forever. I'm thankful for the good life he lived, and for the legacy he leaves behind. Our hearts are sad, but we are comforted to know that we'll be together again.


"In the premortal realm, spirit sons and daughters knew and worshiped God as their Eternal Father and accepted His plan by which His children could obtain a physical body and gain earthly experience to progress toward perfection and ultimately realize his or her divine destiny as an heir of eternal life. The divine plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave. Sacred ordinances and covenants available in holy temples make it possible for individuals to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally." --Family Proclamation

2 comments:

Freer Family said...

Very sweet G! Nice photo too. We are so blessed to have our awesome grandpa with us for as long as we did! Love you Grandpa!!!

Cammie said...

Very nice in deed. What a great guy and a great grandpa. I hope you are doing well.