Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Is there a cure for the DICKENS???



I don't know what got into Ashley tonight, but she was FULL OF THE DICKENS! She was squirrellin' out all over the place. This is her account of what happened:


Mom: Ashley, you're full of it!
Ashley: Full of what?
Mom: Hmmmmmmmmm...
Ashley: Hmmmmmm what?
Mom: The dickens!
Ashley: What's the dickens?
Is is black and sludgey?
Is it brown and mudgey?
Is it ooey gooey and pooey?
Does it look like Charles, Charles Dickens?
Oooooooooooooh
Who knows what the Dickens could be?
Because it's certainly not me.
Mom: Do you know who Charles Dickens is?
Ashley: No.
Mom: Well you're still full of it!

I think she may have listened to Seussical one too many times this summer! Heaven help me! Now I'm not even sure what the dickens is, but I know it's contagious because Morgan seems to have caught it. How long until summer is over??? LOL!

2 comments:

Freer Family said...

She is certainly full of something, lol. And yes, it's contagious, my kids seem to have caught it too. Do you know it was 114 degrees today? Sick!

Dave and Gretchen said...

Oh yeah, they were with your kids earlier. That's probably where they caught it.