Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Can I Get Christmas Credit For This?

I can't believe it is December already!! We had some fun spending time with my parents over the Thanksgiving weekend. The girls spent the night at my parents one night and scored tons of jewelry! My mom likes to bead, and has acquired a huge collection of necklaces, bracelets, etc. She pulled out her stash and let the girls pick whatever they wanted. They both ended up with about eight different sets. My dad walked in and saw what was happening, turns to me totally deadpan, and says:

"Can we get Christmas credit for this?"

He cracks me up! Dave had to work most of the weekend, but managed to get Saturday off. We went to visit my parents again, and my mom remembered that she had some suit coats for Dave that had been her dad's. The living room started to look like the jewelry scene--only this time with men's clothes. Again my dad walks into the room and says:

"Can we get Christmas credit for this?"

I think that's going to be my new mantra this holiday season. I sat here alone at the computer tonight and laughed as I changed my blog background, because I wondered:

"Can I get Christmas credit for this?"

I am so not ready for the holidays and have not even tried to decorate yet. No Black Friday this year. (I know!!!) I can't see a break in my calendar for weeks!! I'm just going to give myself some Christmas credit for at least changing my background. Oh, and sorry for stealing your mantra, Dad! I guess we can share it. ☺

2 comments:

Cammie said...

I am so behind the Christmas wagon this year. Seriously! Since your girls are older do you have any suggestions for a mother trying to shop for a 6.5 year old girl? I'm at my wits end. She's not a baby anymore, but I'm not ready to start buying her teenager type stuff yet! Duh! This in between stage is hard...Any suggestions?

jessica said...

I say you totally get Christmas credit for redoing your blog! I wish I had an extra week before Christmas...I feel the same way every year, I guess that's the way it's supposed to be...