Last night Dave called from work and said his boss had four tickets to the LeAnn Rimes concert at the TI for that night that he was trying to give away. (I wondered if they have to pay people to go see LeAnn after her crazy episodes lately?!?) None of us are huge fans, but we thought what the heck? That might be fun. So Ashley, Morgan, Sam (neighbor), and I headed down to the strip for some girl's night out fun.
All craziness aside, LeAnn has an amazing voice still! It was a really small venue, and we were in the 5th row. She was really cute and personable with the crowd, responding to lots of things that were shouted. We laughed hysterically throughout the whole concert because there were a few creepy dudes, who were old enough to be her grandfather, who thought they were at a private concert. They just yelled stupid things at her all night like...
- "Come on out, LeAnn!" (While waiting for her to start the show)
- "LeAnn! You rock, Baby Girl!" (After a ballad)
- "Oh yeah, take it off, baby!" (When she was taking off her very, very high heels)
- "Oh, I have a foot fetish!" (When she was performing barefoot)
We were so disturbed by these creepers, so at one point someone yelled something stupid and one of the yuckers yelled "That's what I'm talkin' bout!" My brain shut off at that moment and my mouth yelled, "That's what she said!!" I got a pretty good laugh from the rocker couple in front of me. (Did they BUY tickets to the show? There must have been a lot of comping going on.)
Right before the last number, the creepiest of the creepy guys got up and ran. We thought he was going to jump on stage, but he turned and ran out of the theater. We are certain he was hurrying to hide in her trailer, probably in the closet! (Ashley thinks he was sniffing her shoes.)
(I don't want to point, but blue shirt guy...creeper!)
Anyways, it was a lot of fun hangin' out with the girls last night. She sang her new song, "What I Cannot Change." It's kind of her version of the Serenity Prayer. It was very pretty. The caramel corn and Diet Coke were awesome, too!
Anyways, it was a lot of fun hangin' out with the girls last night. She sang her new song, "What I Cannot Change." It's kind of her version of the Serenity Prayer. It was very pretty. The caramel corn and Diet Coke were awesome, too!
Thanks for a fun night, girls!
3 comments:
Okay so I'm a dork because when I found your blog I was on vacation and I never put you on my google reader....well that has changed my friend!
I can't believe how busy you are! I'm glad you were able to have GNO even if it was a Leanne Rimes concert with creepy guys in the audience.
Why are there soooo many empty seats? LOL. The girlies look cute (as always)
Haha I'm with Michelle, why ARE there SO many empty seats? Haha doesn't she sing "How Do I Live" ? Or some song like that..thats pretty funny. Especially you're "thats what she said" line..I use that line too often. haha love ya gretchen!
Post a Comment