Friday, August 13, 2010

Brown Town Has Moved!

A lot has changed over the past few months. We moved from this:


To this:


It's been a bit of culture shock for the girls, but everyone seems to be adjusting okay. (We only scream every other time we see a frog or lizard now!) One BIG adjustment that had to be made when we moved was going to new schools. In Las Vegas, school doesn't start until August 30th, but in Ivins school is already in session. Ashley went back on Wednesday the 11th. Morgan gets a little bit of extra time off and will start on Monday, August 16th.

Both girls are attending performing arts schools up here, and both get to sport lovely new uniforms.

Here are some pictures from Ashley's first week. ☺












*Click to view larger

Next week I am trusting Dave to take pictures of Morgan's first week since I'll be in Reno for staff development. We had a lot of fun going to her High School orientation last night! I have full faith in Dave, but just in case, check out this FRESHMAN!!!
















One thing we miss in Ivins is having all of our family around. We're so lucky that Grandma Chris lives here. We have enjoyed spending time with her. We're also lucky to have our cute Liz to give us self-esteem talks and really awesome hair! Luckily we have gotten to see some family visitors and can't wait to have more!! Last night we had a fun surprise. Check out who showed up for dinner!


Our cute little Jared is all grown up and headed to college. We're so happy he could stop by for a little while on his way to school and give us his great old man advice!!

4 comments:

Jenson Family said...

Glad to hear things are going well. Hang in there - moving is such an adjustment! 9 months later and I'm still a little turned around!! I'm excited to see how the girls like their new school!

Amber said...

Is that St. George? I cant' believe how big your Ashley is!!

Dave and Gretchen said...

I'll keep you posted, Leslie. Just like someone else's pregnancy, nine months have gone by fast!

Yes it is, Amber. It's crazy how the time flies!! Those nursery days were a long time ago! =)

Lamps Family said...

I must be way out of the loop, 'cause I had no idea you moved. Wow! How fun for you and your family. I can't believe how much your girls have grown. I still remember when Ashley hated being in nursery with the little babies. Wow! Please keep us posted with all your fun new adventures.