The kids had to turn in their cell phones when they got on the bus. We were told they would call us after they arrived and got settled in their rooms.
The funny little man driving the bus assured the horde of waiting parents that he would deliver our children safely to their destination. (He then laughed maniacally, rubbed his hands together, displayed his winged-devil tattoo and said his grand kids wanted to see him again. Imagine my relief...NOT!)
TEN HOURS LATER, Ashley called. She was absolutely ecstatic. She told us she was too busy being oriented, dissecting a "Pac Mac", petting strange creatures, and eating buffets to call sooner. She loved riding on the bus, and has friends in her bunk arrangement. Oh yeah, and they are showering in bathing suits because six girls have to shower at a time. She had to hurry off the phone to go to another lab. She wanted me to tell everyone she loves them.........and that she's snorkeling tomorrow!
(She'll also be on a floating marine lab, whale watching, and net-fishing!)
Only 48 more hours until she comes home!!!
5 comments:
Makes me want to go to San Diego! (Although not necessarily with a gaggle of girls showering in bathing suits!) So great that she's having this experience. She'll remember this trip the rest of her life.
So Fun!!!The pictures are great and I'm so glad she is having a terrific time. Congratulations, Mom and Dad, on letting her go. I know how hard that is. Can't wait for the stories when she gets home!
I'm proud of you GG! I'm glad you let her go. This will be a wonderful experience for her. Plus you will have this great wisdom to talk me down when Cole want to go on a trip. I can't wait for her photos!!!
P.S. that is a really cute picture of you.
Shoot - I want to go to Sea Camp! That sounds AWESOME!
Post a Comment