Monday, January 28, 2008

13 Years With the Right Man


Today Dave and I "celebrated" our 13th anniversary. (By celebrated I mean that we worked grueling days, studied for exams, and took kids to the orthodontist.) I was going to post some cute wedding pictures and write something sappy for the occassion, but you know how it goes after 13 years! The stupid scanner on the computer refused to cooperate...there goes my pictures! (We didn't know about digital photos back then.) Ashley needs help with her math, but she doesn't want you to tell her what to do; the phone keeps ringing with telemarketers and political calls; Morgan doesn't feel good; and dinner is late. ( I sound like that country song!)

Well, it's ok. It's so nice.
It's just another day in paradise.
Well, there's no place thatI'd rather be.
Well, it's two hearts,
And one dream,
I wouldn't trade it for anything!
And I ask the Lord every night,
For just another day in paradise

This is life in the real world, and I am so lucky to have you by my side! Even still, I feel a bit like Cinderella and Prince Charming.

Thank you for my happily ever after!

5 comments:

Freer Family said...

Happy Anniversary you two doofuses! Love ya!

Becky Edgeworth said...

I am so happy for you two! I can actually still remember your wedding day and feel blessed to have been a part of it.

Lana said...

Congrats! What a sweet post :) And I LOVE that song! Hi Gretchen, it's Lana (Nicole's friend)

Cammie said...

Congratulations to you!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! I can't believe it has been that long. I remember very well the beginnings of your relationship and your wedding and I am very, very happy for you! You guys have a beautiful family and a wonderful marriage and I wish you the very best in the years to come!